Koninklijke Vlaamse Schouwburg vzw (hereinafter KVS for short) respects your privacy and complies with the Belgian Privacy Act (Act of 8 December 1992 on protection of privacy with regard to processing of personal data). The text below is intended to inform you how KVS processes the personal data that you provide to us. Whenever you provide your personal data, KVS will handle it in accordance with the policy set out below, and with the legal requirements on the processing of personal data.
KVS collaborates with various organizations so that our audience can attend events. The organizations are subsequently referred to as 'event partners'. They include authorized ticket vendors who sell tickets on our behalf, as well as venues where our events are held and artists that we promote.
KVS is a data administrator (i.e. a person responsible for the processing of your personal data) with regard to all data that KVS collects about you and receives whenever you use our services.
1. How do we collect your data?
Your personal data can be collected via various channels. Directly from you, including
• when you register for a promotion
• when you subscribe for our newsletter
• when you enter a competition
• when you buy tickets
We can also collect your personal data
• when you use our website and/or apps (tracking tools such as browser cookies and web beacons)
• via integrated social media functions on our website or apps
• via our event partners
2. What information do we collect?
When you wish to use our services, we may ask you for a number of personal details such as your surname, first name, address, date of birth, e-mail, telephone number, place of residence and preferred language.
We also collect:
• data about your use of our services and website
• data about your preferences: events that you like, products that you buy or retrieve information about, as well as your interests and demographic categories
3. What do we use the information for?
We use the information we collect
• to provide you with the service or information requested
• for customer administration
• to detect fraud and other infringements of the law
• to improve the quality of our services
• for market research and customer profiling to make the information about our products and/or services more relevant to you and to match advertising better to your possible interests and requirements. Provided that we have your consent, we can propose personalised marketing via e-mail
4. What choices can you make about how we use your data?
When you buy tickets, we ask for your consent to collect your personal data, process it or use it for specific purposes.
If you wish to withdraw the consent that you have given, you can contact us. You can also opt out of receiving our newsletters.
5. With which third parties do we share your data?
Certain personal data may be passed on to third parties, for purposes including the following:
• to our external service providers
• in order to comply with legislation or to protect ourselves, our event partners or third parties, at the request, for example, of a government body
6. What is our policy on cookies, and how can you change the settings?
KVS makes use of various types of cookie, for example:
• to analyse how users use our website
• to upgrade the performance of our website
• to remember your preferences
If you do not want to allow all types of cookie, you can change the settings in your browser. For more information, we refer you to the Help menu of your Internet browser.
If you change the settings and block cookies, the full functionality of our website will no longer be available and you may be unable to make optimal use of our website.
7. What security measures do we use?
The security measures we use depend on the type of data collected. In certain cases, you can even use our services anonymously: when creating an account you are not obliged to use your real name or provide an e-mail address that could identify you. But if you wish to use your account to make a purchase, you do need to provide your real name and billing data so that the purchase of tickets can be processed.
8. What about questions and/or complaints? What if you want to edit or update your details?
If so, please contact:
Koninklijke Vlaamse Schouwburg Arduinkaai 7 Quai aux Pierres de Tailles 1000 Brussels info [at] kvs.be