Dramaturgy internship vacancy
KVS is het Brusselse stadstheater. Een ontmoetingsplaats op het kruispunt van vele wegen en werelden. Een podium voor de creatie en presentatie van theater en dans, dat inspireert en resoneert tot ver buiten Brussel.
About the position
As a dramaturgy intern, during this internship you will work closely with Kristin Rogghe, a KVS city dramaturge. You provide substantive and organisational support for various projects in theatre and dance. The focus of your internship is on the creation of the performance Mawda, dat betekent tederheid / ça veut dire tendresse (Marie-Aurore d'Awans & Pauline Beugnies), a Belgian co-production with a documentary slant that will premiere at the end of September 2021. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work with various artists who are part of the open ensemble of KVS or who will be in residence there.
- You are a driven and independent person with a keen interest in contemporary performing arts and society.
- You love reading, writing, collecting and processing information.
- You understand and speak Dutch and French fluently. Other languages are a plus.
- You have the desire to be part of artistic processes in a critical, creative and connecting way.
- You have an affinity with the themes of the performance and are not afraid to explore them further.
- You have an understanding of the broader context and strive for impact within and outside the walls of the theatre.
- You are inquisitive and open to different perspectives. You can express and challenge ideas.
- You can work flexible hours.
- Your motivation and qualities are more important than your education or experience.
We offer you hands-on work experience within the KVS artistic team, where, as a dramaturgy intern, you will help shape the dialogue between creators, actors, audiences and society. You will be involved in the decisive phase of the creation and presentation process of a specific performance. You are coached in contributing to this process on the basis of your own interests and competences.
This work placement also offers you an insight into the workings of a large theatre house. On the basis of a specific project, you gain insight into the interplay between production, technology, administration, communication, the set and costume workshop, public relations, and so on.
Start: as soon as possible / End: to be agreed.
Part-time or full-time: to be discussed.
Within the framework of a training course or on a voluntary basis (voluntary compensation possible).
Method of application
Are you interested? Mail your CV and motivation as soon as possible to email@example.com, at the latest on 5 May. Mention 'internship' in the subject line. Please specify your availability (and any training requirements) in your e-mail.
If you are not invited for an interview, you will receive written notification of this by 10 May.