Our mediation work is based on a genuine curiosity for the stories and opinions of our audiences, both those who are here every week and those who have never even heard of KVS. We take a listening approach and explore the synergies between our own creations and the needs, desires and sensibilities of our audiences. We are constantly looking for ways to transform the KVS into a safer space, where everyone feels welcome and where vulnerability is embraced. We want to build a relationship of trust with our audience. A relationship that, over time, will become deeper, more nuanced and more diverse.
These are lovely words, but how do we walk the talk?
- We organise introductions, discussions and Q&As with the creators. Check the agenda or contact Gladys for a more personal approach.
- In addition, we occasionally organise screenings, concerts, conferences and exhibitions. More information in the agenda.
- For some performances, we produce educational files. Ideally, these are combined with a visit to KVS, but even outside the performance, the themes raised remain relevant. Please note most of these are published in Dutch and/or French.
- We also visit schools. Are you coming to see a performance with your class and would you like to organise an introduction or an after-talk? A workshop with artists? Contact Gladys for more information.
- In response to the wishes of our audiences, we have developed various projects around theatre, dance and slam. Take a look and contact Gladys if you have any specific questions.
- Theatre is much more than what happens on stage. Perhaps one of our guided tours is perfect for you and your group?
- The KVS neighbourhood and its inhabitants are fascinating. We love talking to our neighbours and this has led to the creation of the podcast De Kantelingen (episodes in French and Dutch).
Do you have any suggestions or did you have a possible collaboration in mind? We speak Dutch, French and English. Together, let's break down the barriers that prevent access to culture.